Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church: Germans on Swiss — ca. 1900

by Paula Bosse

by Paula Bosse

The Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church was established in 1879 by German immigrants. In 1899 the congregation moved its church and school to the location seen in the photograph above, at 207 Swiss Avenue (street numbers have changed, but it was in the block between what is now Good-Latimer and Cantegral). The building remained in that location until at least 1921.

***

Photograph from the University of Texas at San Antonio, UTSA Libraries, Digital Collections.

For more on the history of the Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church in Dallas, see here.

*

Copyright © 2014 Paula Bosse. All Rights Reserved.

Advertisements