Adamson High School People and Places, Part 1 — 1960s
by Paula Bosse
by Paula Bosse
Here are a whole bunch of 1960s ads from Adamson High School’s yearbooks. Go Leopards! (Click to see larger images.)
Above, a group of guys took out an ad for themselves in their 1967 senior yearbook:
- Oscar Kirby Burrell, Jr.
- James Clinton Newell
- Michael Randolph Pullen
- Stephen Sanders Maris
- Leonard Gregory Milke
- George Hardy Ellis
- James Heath Clary
Thumbs up for creativity , guys!
Below, churches, lotsa churches, including:
- Cliff Temple Baptist Church (from the 1961 yearbook)
- First Church of the Nazarene (1961)
- Galilean Baptist Church (1961)
- Grace Temple Baptist Church (1961)
- Polk Street Baptist Church (1964)
- Oak Cliff Presbyterian Church (1966)
- Western Heights Church of Christ (1966)
- Grace Temple Baptist Church (1967)
And then you’ve got your garages and gas stations, including:
- O. B. Goodman’s Gulf Service Center (1967)
- Herbie Dodd Wynnewood Texaco (1965)
- Navarro Custom Automotive (for all your hot rod needs) (1966)
And Safety Brake Service over the years: 1961, 1964, 1965.
One must eat:
- The Old South (1961)
- Speedy Chick No. 4 (1965)
- Inky’s Charcoal Burger (1966)
- Woody’s Pancake House (1965)
- Big Daddy’s Grill (1966)
- Goff’s Hamburgers (don’t forget Mrs. Goff’s Ice Cream) (1966, 1967)
And then everything else:
- U.S. Congressman Joe Pool (1967)
- Colbert’s (women’s clothing) (1967)
- Raven’s Pharmacy (1966)
- John Hiegel’s One Hour Martinizing (1966)
- King’s Book Store (1966)
- Ketchum & Killum Sporting Goods (you read that right) (1965)
- Crosswinds Apartments (1965)
- Dougherty’s Pharmacy (1964)
- Doris Wood Bridal & Party Service (1966)
- Bronco Bowl (…RIP…) (1966)
Ads from the 1961, 1964, 1965, 1966, and 1967 W. H. Adamson High School yearbooks.
See the companion post (which shows the school and students — mostly from 1966), here.
Copyright © 2016 Paula Bosse. All Rights Reserved.